Saturday, February 7, 2009

Macaws: Children Bring Me Home



Children Bring Me Home

Little Sophie stopped me
in the Canyon valley,
as I walked to the
breakfast in the school.

The older kids there
are going on
a trip to Costa Rica.

Sophie asked me what
the big dog's name was,
which was near us.
Would I read its collar?
Julio was its name.
Sophie's little sister
came over,
littler Katie,
and we talked, too.

Their mother was fixing up,
in the nearby,
hippie-ish garden,
her old sculpture,
a gnarly, clay,
tree-stump piece,
to which someone
wanted to add mosaic.

I asked if I might add
to this sculpture,
too, at a later date,
and she said yes.

I walked on
to the breakfast
in the school.
Someone there,
not from Canyon,
said the Canyon School
had been heaven
for her kids.

Sharing sincere
*reality* with kids
~ seeing the
world together ~
brings me
heart-warmingly
home.





*



...









(http://scott-macleod.blogspot.com/2009/02/macaws-children-bring-me-home.html - February 7, 2009)

No comments: