Saturday, August 1, 2009

Ocean Spray: Exploring the Visual Sense of Floating as an Avatar in Second Life, SL Quaker Meeting, Avatar as Musical Notation

Today in the silent, unprogrammed Quaker Meeting in Second Life, I was exploring whether seeing my avatar flying - the visual sense of flying/floating as an avatar - can heighten my experience of centeredness in Meeting. I experience the visual process of seeing my avatar fly or float (stationary) as having an effect on my bodymind, which I can then cultivate internally. (To attend the silent, unprogrammed Quaker Meeting in Second Life, click on the Second Life link in this letter: scottmacleod.com/LovingBlissFriends.htm or here slurl.com/secondlife/Sea%20Turtle%20Island/197/17/27. It takes about 10 minutes to get an avatar in the free Second Life virtual world, and you need at least 1 gigabyte of RAM).


Can seeing my avatar float in Second Life (it can - just press the 'fly' button) - which is like floating in warm water, too {at Harbin Hot Springs, for example - harbin.org} - help elicit the relaxation response yet more deeply? Yes, I think so.


Can I then begin to think of my avatar as musical notation? Here it becomes a symbol of floating. So, I see my floating avatar and, in exploring eliciting the relaxation response {with an nontheistically friendly orientation) in Second life at the same time, it has an effect on my bodymind. Like visualizing phrasing in musical expression while playing a musical instrument or singing, I can move bodymind-wise to an experience of floating. Yes ...


How sophisticatedly?





...

{scott-macleod.blogspot.com/2009/08/ocean-spray-exploration-of-visual-sense.html ~ August 1, 2009}

No comments: