Monday, March 15, 2010

Ocean Bubbles: Communicating with a friend about loving bliss

Communicating with a friend about loving bliss:



Friend:

I think you're exactly right...my housemates are wonderful, wonderful people, and yet I'm still a busy bee



Scott:

I'm exploring qualities of life vis-a-vis questions of loving bliss - self experienced - these days ... and neighbors can facilitate this ... but so can a really good night's sleep, which I had two nights ago, but not last night ... interesting ... And I think you project good neighborliness and find it reciprocated from housemates and friends.


It's interesting to bring these qualities of life together in relation with neighbors ... and I think you elicit a fair amount of enjoyment together ... sleep or not ...



Friend:


yes, but the sleep sure does help!

and the coffee sure does inhibit!

thanks for your kind words. I find myself wondering what loving bliss is. I taught the word "bliss" to my ESL students last week...but I don't know that I'm actually that familiar with the experience



Scott:

affective euphoria is one way to characterize it ... and when you're 'rocking out' to music you love is perhaps a quality of it ... with the drug MDMA ecstasy as a reference experience, which you would have to imagine if you haven't tried it.



Friend:

yeah, I haven't tried it, and I'm not sure my imagination is doing it justice



Scott:

In trying to think about it in terms of practice, these are some avenues I think might elicit it for some: scottmacleod.com/LovingBlissPractices.htm They have for me, for example.



Friend:

I'm enjoying reading it ...



Scott:

How to elicit the neurophysiology of loving bliss, naturally, and when and as one wants it in all its qualities, beyond it just bubbling up sometimes, is a fascinating focus of inquiry.










(http://scott-macleod.blogspot.com/2010/03/ocean-bubbles.html - March 15, 2010)

No comments: