Friday, October 1, 2010

Philautus kani: Ellen Klages' actual history of Harbin, “Harbin Hot Springs: Healing Waters, Sacred Land”

Harbin ethnography:



... There are many potential, unfolding, completely open-ended, new, human experiences here.

While the most informative Harbin history – virtual (text-based here) and actual – is perhaps Ellen Klages' actual history of Harbin, “Harbin Hot Springs: Healing Waters, Sacred Land,” Ishvara himself, and perhaps the long time editor of the “Harbin Hot Springs Quarterly: Heart Consciousness Church Retreats, Events and Workshops” as well as the Harbinger, a biweekly are two of the richest, Harbin sources of history. Harbin has kept, and generated, a text record of some of this history, as well, but concerning the time I'm interested in, I imagine the record of the 1970s is scanter than more recent decades. Such records make mention of some of when virtual Harbin started lists as well. In this book, I include some of the histories of virtual Harbin which I have generated, all of which I examine in some detail in the next section: HISTORIES OF HARBIN HISTORICAL AND ETHNOGRAPHIC RESEARCH.

To conclude this section on HARBIN HISTORIES, ACTUAL AND VIRTUAL, I came across this morning (September 30, 2010) a journal note in my organizer from June 14, 2000, which expresses a history of some of the beauty of Harbin, from before my time as a resident (January-June 2005), and my focused field work time in 2008 and early 2009, and which may go on for a long time to come. ...









(http://scott-macleod.blogspot.com/2010/10/philautus-kani-ellen-klages-actual.html - October 1, 2010)

No comments: