Thursday, July 7, 2011

Carson Ridge Falls, Gifford Pinchot: Leaving the Rainbow Gathering

Leaving the Rainbow Gathering

Having already left the night before, I drove - unshowered & unshaved for nearly 4-6 days (except for 1 good solar camping shower, and 2 swims in this time) - out through the Gifford Pinchot forests toward Carson and Stevenson. My cousin A, who I was heading to visit in The Dalles, Oregon, across the Columbia River, called me almost as soon as I had phone reception. Nice to talk with her.

I stopped at the Skamania History Museum in Washington - with its 1922 Mac truck (which still runs), 1930 John Deere tractor, then crossed the Bridge of the Gods, and came to The Dalles.

Rainbow, internet, civilization















(http://scott-macleod.blogspot.com/2011/07/carson-ridge-falls-gifford-pinchot.html - July 7, 2011)

No comments: