Sunday, June 16, 2013

amur leopard: finding relaxation response eliciting salutary and beneficial for years, focusing the relaxation response meditation in new ways? is doing the relaxation response for me a kind of individual culture generation?


...

finding relaxation response eliciting salutary and beneficial for years ...

a kissing of the inner bodymind,

and an easing and attunement anew,


and also in the context of Quaker Meeting (and just today at Multnomah Monthly Meeting in Portland, Oregon, after a long time not at this Quaker Meeting, on Sunday), in an nontheistically f/Friendly, manner, as well as in the Harbin Hot Springs' warm pool {the warm water in lotus pose eases me into meditation deeply} ... and I've been wondering how to move beyond a daily relaxation response meditation, in a variety of ways, but especially in terms of eliciting an easing loving bliss, and often, into ways of flourishing (eudaimonia) ...

... many wonderful neurophysiologies ...


How to explore these neurophysiologies further, especially in the context of evolutionary biology, for example, as well as in visionary ways?


*

Is doing the relaxation response daily for me a kind of individual culture generation?

I wondered this morning while doing the relaxation response - having missed a morning eliciting the relaxation response, then done it the next day, then missed it yesterday, both times without thinking about missing it, - whether I was in a way generating culture, in my own way, with it, and being back in Reed's familiar culture or ethos (with its aspects of student counterculture), meant this familiar culture (being immersed in it by living on campus) made doing the relaxation response daily not happen (and that my doing it daily was indeed a form of culture generation). ... interesting observation and connection, I also thought, and I suppose so ... How to begin to articulate culture and biology, in this respect, further, I wonder?


*

Relaxation Response ~
http://worlduniversity.wikia.com/wiki/Relaxation_Response

Meditation ~
http://worlduniversity.wikia.com/wiki/Meditation






...

No comments: