Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Silene species: Holistic terms and conditions ... and for WUaS? Thanks, MIT OCW Terms, Admissions at WUaS, Honor Principle, Education, Start a new Subject wiki page at WUaS, How and why I add images from NATURE and evolutionary biology to this blog


Hi Scott,

I thought this page was worth filing away as reference since it has some interesting ideas for online learning.

http://technicallysimple.com/checkout/terms-conditions/

Cheers,
Donald


Hi Donald, 

Thanks and edifying ... Holistic terms and conditions? ... http://technicallysimple.com/checkout/terms-conditions/ ... deliberating about where to add this at WUaS for future reference.

Admissions at World University and School - 

Honor Principle - 

Education - 

start a new Subject - 

Probably "Admissions" for now ... I like the holistic focus. 

Here are MIT OCW's Terms of Use ... http://ocw.mit.edu/terms/ ... which WUaS will partly build on, and which I asked whether they were legal to a Privacy panel at Stanford last year, :) since MIT OCW's terms say they may share data with other OCW endeavors. 

Hoping to develop WUaS's program, and curriculum, including such terms as you sent for the first, matriculating undergraduate class applying this autumn and matriculating, hopefully, online in autumn 2016. 

Friendly regards,
Scott

- Scott MacLeod - Founder & President  
- World University and School - like Wikipedia with MIT OpenCourseWare (not endorsed by MIT OCW) - incorporated as a nonprofit effective April 2010.


*


{Concerning my holidays' greeting letter  ...
http://scott-macleod.blogspot.com/2014/12/asiatic-lion-happy-holidays-and-poetry.html} ...



Allen writes:


Thanks, Scott. I wish you a very happy and successful new year. (I'm toying with the idea of dropping in on your Paideia class. I'm curious why you've labeled it pleurotus nebrodensis.)

Allen



How and why I add images from NATURE and evolutionary biology to this blog 

Hi Allen, 

Thanks, and to you too. Looking forward to seeing you at Reed College's Paideia (education, broadly conceived) if you participate. I've named my daily blog entries with species and natural items for years now - to keep the natural in focus for me, and because the images are often beautiful and can even be somehow transporting. Sometimes there's no relation to the entry itself, sometimes a disjunction and sometimes a complementary understanding is expressed. I'm currently working through a list of endangered species in Europe - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endangered_plants_of_Europe - and the Silician Fir was next in the list. "Abies nebrodensis" translates in Google Translate as "fir polymorphism" I found out after you emailed, with no relationship to the blog entry. This practice of naming/titling and adding images to this is enjoyable for me, and makes beautiful in color and form a range of ideas, as well. :) Thanks for asking. 

Cheers, 
Scott





*











...




No comments: