Saturday, February 21, 2015

Carolina Northern Flying Squirrel: Duke University Press and Harbin Hot Springs manuscript proposal

Hi All,

See you tomorrow at Quaker Meeting on the Western Shore, but probably not on March 1st, when I hope to be at Harbin Hot Springs playing my Scottish Small Pipes at Heart Consciousness Church's 40th anniversary celebration:
http://scott-macleod.blogspot.com/2015/02/helix-aspersa-heart-consciousness.html.

Just heard back from Duke University Press by email, on behalf of my editor there, that they received my 400 page Harbin Hot Springs' ethnographic manuscript yesterday, having mailed it on Wednesday ... and Duke signed off with warm regards ... good news ... Hoping they will publish it.

Friendly greetings,
Scott

https://twitter.com/scottmacleod


*

On 2/20/15 11:52 AM, Mr. M.K. wrote:

> Mr. MacLeod,
>
> I am writing to inform you that G.F. has received your
> proposal for *Harbin Hot Springs ethnography project*.
>
> Warm regards, M
>
>  M.K. | Editorial Intern Duke University Press


*

Dear Mr. K,

Thanks so much for letting me know in such a timely way.

Best regards,
Scott


*

Dear friends of my Harbin book publishing project,

Harbin book publishing project news:

I just heard back very recently from Duke University Press by email (see below), on behalf of my editor there, that they received my 400 page Harbin Hot Springs' ethnographic manuscript proposal yesterday, having mailed it on Wednesday, and Duke U.P. signed off with warm regards - good news. I'm hoping they will publish it.

Please put in a good word for this book with your contacts at the Duke University Press / or with faculty you know in the Duke Anthropology Department, if you could.

Thank you,
Scott

http://scottmacleod.com/
https://twitter.com/scottmacleod



Hi Henry,

Thanks for your email and nice to hear from you. I guess it's the life of an anthropologist, and I like my field site, doing field work there, and have both building a virtual Harbin and a second book + in
mind. Yes, let's hope Ms. F. likes my book. I'm interested in publishing with a great university press which takes risks. And I think it will sell, and academically, with a title something like "Naked Harbin ... " - see:
http://scott-macleod.blogspot.com/2015/02/big-sur-coastline-esalen-and-harbin.html.

I tried to call you a few weeks ago, but I couldn't leave a message, and was guessing at the time that you might be in Australia.

How are you and your family doing? It would be great to talk with you soon.

Happy New Year.

Scott






*











...


No comments: