Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Abenaki: Foreword for Harbin Ethnography received from UC Berkeley Professor Nelson Graburn, Thank you!, How would I reference the Foreword if I wanted to cite it?, "Nelson Graburn, foreword to Naked Harbin Ethnography: Hippies, Warm Pools, Counterculture, Clothing-Optionality & Virtual Harbin, by Scott MacLeod (Berkeley: Academic Press at World University and School, 2016), xxi-xxii."


Foreword for Harbin Ethnography received from UC Berkeley Professor Emeritus of sociocultural Anthropology Nelson Graburn yesterday! Thank you!

Scott MacLeod's  Naked HarbiEthnography:                  
Hippies, Warm Pools, Counterculture, Clothing-Optionality & Virtual Harbin
by Scott MacLeod
Foreword by 
Nelson H.H. Graburn
UC Berkeley Professor Emeritus of Sociocultural Anthropology
http://www.scottmacleod.com/ActualVirtualHarbinBook.html

Academic Press at World University and School
http://worlduniversityandschool.org/AcademicPress.html


To place orders in advance, call:
415 480 4577
sgkmacleod@worlduniversityandschool.org

Author's page on Amazon.com ~

http://www.scottmacleod.com/ActualVirtualHarbinBook.html

*
Hi Scott,
Here is the Foreword.
Please let me know if you want me to change or add anything?
You may want to include the references into your over bibliography
[I can help you retain the 3 pages you reckoned for].
Don't forget to add to the Index, including Graburn!

Good luck and let me know. I'll be here for all this week.

Nelson

PS. with yur permission I would like to send the Foreword and Front matter to some of the colleagues I cited. OK?

*
Dear Nelson,

Thank you for your excellent and much appreciated Foreword to my Harbin ethnography! When you sent this, I had just finished getting the pages for the first "1960s" index entry, which are easy to change/should stay the same.

I've made little typographical change improvements to the version I'm returning to you in this email (but not yet to the citations, if necessary).

I'll plan to include your references into only the main "Works Cited" section at the back of my book. They complement my existing references, and add much to the book in many ways - thank you for these too. I've added you to the book's index already.

Even though the page numbers are diverging due to the roman letter numerals at the beginning of the book in the MS Word Documents in CreateSpace/Amazon template (but not in GDocs), I'm trying to keep this GDocs version up to date (sans Index pagination) -... - for future reference and possible online publishing and translations and possible ease of access into virtual Harbin in Google Street View in some years. I'll send you a new MS Word file link to the entire MS once I've integrated your references into mine.

Please, yes, you are welcome to send the Foreword and Front matter to some of your colleagues - and thank you yet again.

Off to a Stanford Law China Guiding Cases Project panel tomorrow re the planned China Law School at WUaS -
http://worlduniversity.wikia.com/wiki/China_Law_School_at_WUaS (planned in Mandarin and possibly other Chinese languages) - and which WUaS would eventually like to "house" and hire the graduate student instructors and Chinese Nationals' and US faculty to teach toward (since Stanford Law isn't planning to do this).

See you Thursday!

Thanks so much!
Scott

* 

How would I reference the Foreword if I wanted to cite it?

Nelson

*
Sending this from this email, since I can add the italics to the title here, but not easily from my email client for ...


Nelson Graburn, foreword to Naked Harbin Ethnography: Hippies, Warm Pools, Counterculture, Clothing-Optionality & Virtual Harbin, by Scott MacLeod (Berkeley: Academic Press at World University and School, 2016), xxi-xxii.

Thank you!
Scott



*




...


No comments: