Monday, October 17, 2016

Yellow-bellied marmot: Great Feedback for my actual~virtual Harbin book "Naked Harbin Ethnography," "This is so exciting!! Thank you for creating this and sharing a copy w me," Hippies and Anthro Folk! Facebook is irritating in that it won't let me invite anymore folks than I have already done so to this event in Middletown on 11/5, And a little Harbin "ethno-wiki-virtual-world-graphy" ... "As a good "hippie", I was often dismayed by the sadly long "DNA" (Do Not Admit) list at Harbin, thinking that those troubled troublemakers who made the list were the ones most in need of the love and the healing that Harbin had to offer."


Was glad to hear back from two friends with Great Feedback for my Actual-Virtual Harbin Book "Naked Harbin Ethnography" ....

*
From a kind friend who gave me permission to use some photos in my Harbin Book (bit.ly/HarbinBook) and who asked for a copy of "Naked Harbin Ethnography" when published on paper ... {I know both friends from Angela and Victor's Yoga ... }

Scott,

This is so exciting!!
Thank you for creating this and sharing a copy w me.
...
Best place to find me is 
Sunday at Ecstatic D.... in Oakland.  I lead the yoga every Sunday at 9:30
Dance is from 10:30-1 with a sound healing and meditation at the close of it all.  
...
All love

*
From a friend in the SF Bay AREa:
Congratulations Scott on completing a labor of love! I look forward to reading it. Have fun celebrating🎂🎶🍾🎉🍀🙏🏻💖


*

Hippies and Anthro Folk! Facebook is irritating in that it won't let me invite anymore folks than I have already done so to this event in Middletown on 11/5 - https://www.facebook.com/events/1738433776418043. But invite yourselves ... and others! Please pass the word!

Harbin Book Releasing Party - "Naked Harbin Ethnography" at Middletown public library at 11am Sat., November 5 (and at Lakeport library at 2) ... schedule here ... bit.ly/HarbinBook ... & twitter.com/HarbinBook ... chocolate Ganesha cake will be served too! :)

*
And a little Harbin "ethno-wiki-virtual-world-graphy" ...


As a good "hippie", I was often dismayed by the sadly long "DNA" (Do Not Admit) list at Harbin, thinking that those troubled troublemakers who made the list were the ones most in need of the love and the healing that Harbin had to offer. But their exclusion from Harbin "society" was not about hate or anyone's (management's) opinion of them, it was their inharmonious impact in the rest of the Harbin population that prompted their expulsion from "The Garden." Similarly, we can send love and healing to Trump and Clinton while, at the same time, protecting our society by strongly objecting to what they stand for and by doing everything we can to limit their destructive influence on it. A "good hippy" is not only a lover but a fighter.... for justice, progress and the greater good. As a famous Vulcan once said. "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one."




*








...




No comments: