Friday, December 30, 2016

Golden Gate Park: Visit the Harbin Hot Springs' Gate here ~ http://tinyurl.com/p62rpcg, and walk all the way down the 4 mile road to Middletown, I'll likely be soaking in my bathtub a lot while visiting this virtual Harbin, (Cartoon-esque OpenSim and Second Life are models for how this might work with avatars and voice and how we might group build this too), I'll keep you in the loop as this virtual Harbin community emerges, and I bet you could help generate wonderful community therein.


Here's the current virtual Harbin -  ...

1)
The first virtual Harbin was a warm pool built in OpenSim in about 2008 with two avatars (B.H. and me) making this

2)
The second virtual Harbin was begun on Anteater Island - the American Anthropological Association's virtual island in SL - where I built the beginnings of a first Harbin Gatehouse with Tom Boellstorff's permission, who was then editor at the AAA, in the early 2010s.

3)
The third virtual Harbin -  - is in Google Streetview / Maps / Earth with Time Slider, and I've added one photo from 2001 to this.

4)
The fourth virtual Harbin will hopefully emerge in Google Expeditions, integrated into the Google Ecosystem for wiki STEM research planned in all 8k languages.

*



And here's the Amazon author's page for Scott MacLeod World University with both versions of "Naked Harbin Ethnography" ~ 
*
Hi Scott,

It was so nice to meet you on Christmas eve at UU.  I love what you are doing with the world u and cyber community building.  I have been really longing for more community (and Harbin!!!) and I plan on trying out your google plus group.  

If you feel like going for a walk or cup of coffee before you leave, give me a ring ...  I'd love to visit again.  

warmly, 
Bets



Hi Bets,

Greetings from airport world. Very nice to talk with you as well on Christmas Eve at the Unitarian Church. I've had a busy past few days with family so couldn't really meet but thanks for your nice invitation.

Do you happen to know another Bets from Harbin, originally from Ma (whom I also know partly through Angela & Victor's Yoga)?

Click through on a big computer screen (not smartphone) to the Harbin gate in Google Maps / Streetview here -
http://twitter.com/HarbinBook (at the top 
Harbin Hot Springs Book  Visit the Harbin Gate here ~ ) and walk all the way down the 4 mile road to Middletown (or at least a little bit), if you're inclined. I hope this will become very realistic as a virtual Harbin/earth with time (in Google Expeditions?), and with realistic humans, both avatars and real people like you and I. I'll likely be soaking in my bathtub a lot while visiting this virtual Harbin. (Cartoon-esque OpenSim and Second Life are models for how this might work with avatars and voice and how we might group build this too).

Let's have a virtual coffee together in the virtual Harbin Blue Room cafe (post-fire) when it's built and happening and from where ever we are physically. I'm curious very much how to generate greatest Harbin community in such a realistic online virtual Harbin with realistic avatars, like you and I, and with fantastic avatars too. Right now getting into a Google group Video Hangout (a musical one, for example?, which live video can then be saved to Youtube, and then which people in Youtube videos will eventually become interactive avatars I predict), is the best way to participate in the kind of community I think will be in a realistic, virtual Harbin. I'll keep you in the loop as this virtual Harbin community emerges, and I bet you could help generate wonderful community therein.

Happy New Year!

Friendly regards,
Scott


Hi Scoot, 

Sorry not to get to see you in person again, but it will be interesting to have coffee in "the blue room!"  I have never done that sort of thing so I am interested to give it a try.  I teach on-line and am continually amazed both by the effectiveness of it and the extra effort it takes for me to make the connections work.  We will see!  I deeply crave community and am excited about the potential for good of the global reach.  You should check out The Shift Network to see the sort of things they have been doing.  

I don't know a Betsy from MA/Harbin, but is there a chance we have met at Harbin?  You looked familiar to me.  I apologize if I did not catch it out of context.  

Happy trails until we meet in blue!

warmly, 
Betsy

*

I don't think we've met at Harbin, Bets.

Best,
Scott

*










...




No comments: